Last Modified: May 4th, 2018
Beihu Chinese Institute Website and Services
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website, including through your use of the Services.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Company or the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you may download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOUR CHOICE IS NOT TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THIS POLICY.
This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Website or the Services after we make changes to this Policy is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy regularly for updates.
How We Collect and Use Information
- Log Files. Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any PII you submit within the mobile application.
- Information About You.
- We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website and the Services, including information:
- By which you and your company may be personally identified, such as your name, your company's name, address, e-mail address, telephone number any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information"); That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
- We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13 years old, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
- The information we collect on or through the Website or Services may include:
- Information directly provided by you when you fill out forms on the Website or when you use the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website and the Services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and our provision of the Services to you.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website and the Services, including information:
- Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
- E-mails and Telephone Calls. We require an e-mail address from you when you register for our services. We use your e-mail for both transactional and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, please forward the email to email@example.com with the word “Unsubscribe” included in the subject line. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with the Company’s services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us. We fully comply with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access our site or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system and version information, and IP address. We collect your geolocational information only upon your consent.
- Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any PII, and all responses are anonymous.
Mobile Device Additional Terms
- Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access our site or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system and version information, and IP address.
- Geo-Location Information. We do not ask you for, access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Apps or services.
We do not target our sites or services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Website and provide the Services to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or the Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website or of the Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend the Company’s, or a third party’s, rights or property.
- Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By Us. We may share your non-PII with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may share your PII, sometimes in conjunction with your non-PII, with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize.
- Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your PII is collected or used.
- We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Communications from the Company. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. You may also forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Unsubscribe” included in the subject line. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
We have implemented measures that we believe are reasonable to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website or the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to this Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information, we will notify you by e-mail to the primary e-mail address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting the Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
You may use the following options for removing your information, including an unauthorized profile, from our e-mail database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters.
1. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
2. You may also forward a promotional email to email@example.com with the word “Unsubscribe” included in the subject line.
3. For any services that allow you to control which e-mails you receive, go to the e-mail settings page from your account home page, and un-check the undesired promotions.
Contacting the Website
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your use of our website, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE.
Your continued use of any portion of our website following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes.